Team Myspace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hmm, simple thought I've had for a while. Discuss, I demand it, haha.

+3
johndf
Sarah SparxXx
SophBox
7 posters

Go down

Hmm, simple thought I've had for a while. Discuss, I demand it, haha. Empty Hmm, simple thought I've had for a while. Discuss, I demand it, haha.

Post  SophBox Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:09 am

Not trying to be a nazi or anything, but I think the whole whoring community and getting adds should be made a little harder. If we get too many people whoring then high friend counts will become nothing and it will all render a waste of time imo and the adds will become too widespread and those who HAVE high friend counts won't get any higher any quicker and their accounts can become dead (people not reading bulletins etc.)

For example, 30k and all used to be considered high friend counts, then 50k was high, 100k was high and the bar just keeps raising all of the time. Does anyone else think this is a bad thing?
Discuss, I want to hear others opinions on this. ^_^
SophBox
SophBox
Gold Member

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-04-16

http://www.myspace.com/33086892

Back to top Go down

Hmm, simple thought I've had for a while. Discuss, I demand it, haha. Empty Re: Hmm, simple thought I've had for a while. Discuss, I demand it, haha.

Post  Sarah SparxXx Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:43 pm

SophBox wrote:Not trying to be a nazi or anything, but I think the whole whoring community and getting adds should be made a little harder. If we get too many people whoring then high friend counts will become nothing and it will all render a waste of time imo and the adds will become too widespread and those who HAVE high friend counts won't get any higher any quicker and their accounts can become dead (people not reading bulletins etc.)

For example, 30k and all used to be considered high friend counts, then 50k was high, 100k was high and the bar just keeps raising all of the time. Does anyone else think this is a bad thing?

hmm... scratch
Sarah SparxXx
Sarah SparxXx
Silver Member

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-04-14

http://www.myspace.com/197056032

Back to top Go down

Hmm, simple thought I've had for a while. Discuss, I demand it, haha. Empty Re: Hmm, simple thought I've had for a while. Discuss, I demand it, haha.

Post  johndf Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:13 pm

i think you're right, but on another side it is kind of a self holding community : top whores are always at the top (Kate, Don, Micheal, Notorious, Sir pimps, etc etc) and everybody just grows at about the same rythme. Also there is fame in the "whoring community" i mean who don't know about the people i just mentionned? whereas everyday i see 100kers i never heard of before...??? the "whoring community" is opened to everybody, what is really different AND selective, is becoming somebody, or creating a usefull tool for the community. Thats what makes the difference between a 180 uknowned ker and Angelo for example (knwoing he has 170k atm).

I was saying on the fatadds forums about this, like i think it would be great if one of us (whores) could become a real myspace celeb, and pull something great out of it, unstead of ending deleted or hacked or even given away the account
johndf
johndf

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Rezo Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:44 pm

some people consider me a "myspace celeb"
not for my friend count or personality or any of those things.
simply because my pictures are floating around the internet everywhere.
Rolling Eyes
Rezo
Rezo
EPIC MEMBER

Number of posts : 512

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:54 pm

SophBox wrote:Not trying to be a nazi or anything, but I think the whole whoring community and getting adds should be made a little harder. If we get too many people whoring then high friend counts will become nothing and it will all render a waste of time imo and the adds will become too widespread and those who HAVE high friend counts won't get any higher any quicker and their accounts can become dead (people not reading bulletins etc.)

I don't think it's a bad thing, necessarily. One of the points of myspace whoring is to see how high one's fc can grow. The average fc of the community grows collectively where previous high fc's are now considered "average," but there will always be stand outs. The bench mark used to be 100k, but that too common nowadays. To raise any eyebrows now, one has to have 200k+.

*my eyebrows raised in your direction* lol ;D
Sean
Sean
Gold Member

Number of posts : 92

http://www.myspace.com/qualiaphile_v2

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate Hatable Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:28 am

no one falls unless they are d****ed
Kate Hatable
Kate Hatable
Queen of the Juice

Number of posts : 1880
Registration date : 2008-04-10

http://katehatable.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SophBox Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:27 am

Johndf, you bring up some good points, I agree.

The only problem is is that if there are too many people then everyone will have a huge friend count and all that MySpace will be is a place where people post bulletins that no one reads because their friend counts are too high. Know what I mean?
I don't know, it just seemed like a few people weren't quite clear on what I meant. My fault for not explaining things proper ahh!
SophBox
SophBox
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:51 am

SophBox wrote:Johndf, you bring up some good points, I agree.

The only problem is is that if there are too many people then everyone will have a huge friend count and all that MySpace will be is a place where people post bulletins that no one reads because their friend counts are too high. Know what I mean?
I don't know, it just seemed like a few people weren't quite clear on what I meant. My fault for not explaining things proper ahh!

I guess I don't understand your worry. No matter how my fc grows, if I wanted to read one of your bulletins, I can do so by way of this link

http://bulletins.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=bulletin.ShowMyBulletins&friendID=33086892

And I can similarly access anyone else's bulletins, simply by replacing the url above with their user id. I can catch anyone's bulletins, maybe just not in the actual bulletins area, or not as well.

And as for people with low fc's, it seems they do read the bulletins. For that's how we get adds from trains! =D
Sean
Sean
Gold Member

Number of posts : 92

http://www.myspace.com/qualiaphile_v2

Back to top Go down

Post  johndf Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:45 am

i understand what u mean, if myspace gets full of whores it will be a useless place, the whoring only has some kind of meaning if most the people dont give a damn about growing a big FC. and i think after a few years it might start to be all crappy and useless (even if still most the people won't be in the whoring game) just look at how trains are evolving : more and more trains, less and less efficience. when i talk with top whores, they all regret the days they could pull in 2k+/day by riding just a couple trains or ride a few pw's. What i think could save the whoring game would be if we (whores) could actually put some value in what we do, use are big accounts to give something back to myspace and its users. thats getting back to what i was saying in the other post : anybody can build an account, very few actually contribues to the community, and none have yet fought their way out and above this whole game.

So to avoid what you fear could happen, we should change our ways and make the whoring game someting legit and fun for both us and "noobs", cuz today all we do (most of us, me first lol) is SPAM! and it uses our accounts out and peoples patience as well. clown
johndf
johndf

Number of posts : 15

Back to top Go down

Post  dp115x Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:01 am

johndf wrote:

i understand what u mean, if myspace gets full of whores it will be a useless place, the whoring only has some kind of meaning if most the people dont give a damn about growing a big FC. and i think after a few years it might start to be all crappy and useless (even if still most the people won't be in the whoring game) just look at how trains are evolving : more and more trains, less and less efficience. when i talk with top whores, they all regret the days they could pull in 2k+/day by riding just a couple trains or ride a few pw's. What i think could save the whoring game would be if we (whores) could actually put some value in what we do, use are big accounts to give something back to myspace and its users. thats getting back to what i was saying in the other post : anybody can build an account, very few actually contribues to the community, and none have yet fought their way out and above this whole game.

So to avoid what you fear could happen, we should change our ways and make the whoring game someting legit and fun for both us and "noobs", cuz today all we do (most of us, me first lol) is SPAM! and it uses our accounts out and peoples patience as well. clown
Or we can get all the noob whores and trains deleted and just keep the adDS TOO URSELVES <3
dp115x
dp115x
Team Myspace Legend

Number of posts : 1742

Back to top Go down

Post  SophBox Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:27 am

Sean wrote:

I guess I don't understand your worry. No matter how my fc grows, if I wanted to read one of your bulletins, I can do so by way of this link

http://bulletins.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=bulletin.ShowMyBulletins&friendID=33086892

And I can similarly access anyone else's bulletins, simply by replacing the url above with their user id. I can catch anyone's bulletins, maybe just not in the actual bulletins area, or not as well.

And as for people with low fc's, it seems they do read the bulletins. For that's how we get adds from trains! =D

But they're decreasing which is the whole point. People won't purposefully click the "all my bulletins" link just so they can open them up and add people from what they consider spam. Razz
SophBox
SophBox
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate Hatable Fri May 16, 2008 8:20 pm

hell yeah, read those bulletins!
Kate Hatable
Kate Hatable
Queen of the Juice

Number of posts : 1880
Registration date : 2008-04-10

http://katehatable.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down