Team Myspace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, I want to put my site's content on a website..

+5
apple bones
matthew in$ane
nick666
Kate Hatable
GWBG-lyts.com
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

So, I want to put my site's content on a website.. Empty So, I want to put my site's content on a website..

Post  GWBG-lyts.com Thu May 29, 2008 8:44 pm

..but i'm kinda dumb.

SO. I don't totally understand how to get a website. Call me retarded, but I'd really like to figure this out.

I know how to make pages & content, and have done several free pages.. but I want to get my own domain.

Whats a good host? Do I just give them moneyz and tell them the domain I want and start building?

Yes yes.. I read the site's info, I'd just like to get advice and such from people who own websites here so I don't pour money into something I wont use.
GWBG-lyts.com
GWBG-lyts.com
EPIC MEMBER

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2008-05-02

http://myspace.com/221342910

Back to top Go down

So, I want to put my site's content on a website.. Empty Re: So, I want to put my site's content on a website..

Post  Kate Hatable Thu May 29, 2008 9:14 pm

i'm not the one to ask, but you buy the domain for like 10 bucks and then you have to find a host. thats where i'm lost. im sure damon, or matthew can help you out. ask nick, too.
Kate Hatable
Kate Hatable
Queen of the Juice

Number of posts : 1880
Registration date : 2008-04-10

http://katehatable.com

Back to top Go down

So, I want to put my site's content on a website.. Empty Re: So, I want to put my site's content on a website..

Post  GWBG-lyts.com Fri May 30, 2008 12:47 am

Kate Hatable wrote:i'm not the one to ask, but you buy the domain for like 10 bucks and then you have to find a host. thats where i'm lost. im sure damon, or matthew can help you out. ask nick, too.

oh shit, i figured host and domain were the same kinda thing o.O
GWBG-lyts.com
GWBG-lyts.com
EPIC MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  nick666 Fri May 30, 2008 12:59 am

depending on the domain provider, you can get most domains for like $4-10. i'd try godaddy.com, for they're a legit company and they've never steered me in the wrong way. you also have the option to get a windows hosted domain/ftp or a linux. hosting is the thing that'll cost you, roughly $70 a year or so? which you can also get through the same website. that also depends on the bandwidth package that you choose. after everything is set up they'll give you a ftp login and you're good from there. and hell if you have any problems & you choose to go with godaddy, you can call them and they'll walk you through everything you need to know.
nick666
nick666
King of the Juice

Number of posts : 580
Registration date : 2008-04-11

http://zeitgeistmovie.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  matthew in$ane Fri May 30, 2008 1:13 am

nick666 wrote:depending on the domain provider, you can get most domains for like $4-10. i'd try godaddy.com, for they're a legit company and they've never steered me in the wrong way. you also have the option to get a windows hosted domain/ftp or a linux. hosting is the thing that'll cost you, roughly $70 a year or so? which you can also get through the same website. that also depends on the bandwidth package that you choose. after everything is set up they'll give you a ftp login and you're good from there. and hell if you have any problems & you choose to go with godaddy, you can call them and they'll walk you through everything you need to know.

Nick, fuck godaddy, they take forever to process there domains, namecheap.com its legit shit, and you can buy domains with paypal! Very Happy

and freehostia.com <- free domain hosting baby<3
but the up time is like 90% :p goes down alot.
matthew in$ane
matthew in$ane
EPIC MEMBER

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2008-05-27

http://projectmyspace.net

Back to top Go down

Post  nick666 Fri May 30, 2008 1:48 am

when i carded my xcr0nx domain under some other chumps r4wked visa, it was processed in less then like 4 hours.. but i guess i can see where you're coming from, i've heard of people complaining about that before. i also like godaddy because of their extensive packet filters. it's harder to successfully ddos and drop a godaddy hosted line compared to pretty much any other commercial provider. that's why i chose them because of last summer when people would try & make powerwhores when i did; i could ddos them all day and they could try on mine and miserably fail most of the time. and freehostia is a joke. don't waste your time with that shit, terrible ftp status connections and lackluster errors.

-
There are 93415 users and 2 invisible on 2 servers
2 operator(s) online
2 channels formed
I have 93413 clients and 2 servers
-
Current Local Users: 93415 Max: 138143
Current Global Users: 93417 Max: 138147
-

linux bots ftw! i may not have almost 3 100k profiles anymore, but i have almost 1 bot per friend between the 4 accounts i have. lame i know, but it keeps me occupied at 4 in the morning. ;p
nick666
nick666
King of the Juice

Back to top Go down

Post  apple bones Fri May 30, 2008 5:34 am

i use hostgator Smile
apple bones
apple bones
Admin

Number of posts : 533

http://applebones.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate Hatable Fri May 30, 2008 7:20 am

i bought my own domain, gave brian the info and i've had katehatable.com for over a year now. brian ftw! i can't believe he hasn't asked for any money...
Kate Hatable
Kate Hatable
Queen of the Juice

Back to top Go down

Post  apple bones Fri May 30, 2008 12:55 pm

Kate Hatable wrote:i bought my own domain, gave brian the info and i've had katehatable.com for over a year now. brian ftw! i can't believe he hasn't asked for any money...

you know brian has joined the marines
apple bones
apple bones
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  matthew in$ane Fri May 30, 2008 1:14 pm

nick666 wrote:when i carded my xcr0nx domain under some other chumps r4wked visa, it was processed in less then like 4 hours.. but i guess i can see where you're coming from, i've heard of people complaining about that before. i also like godaddy because of their extensive packet filters. it's harder to successfully ddos and drop a godaddy hosted line compared to pretty much any other commercial provider. that's why i chose them because of last summer when people would try & make powerwhores when i did; i could ddos them all day and they could try on mine and miserably fail most of the time. and freehostia is a joke. don't waste your time with that shit, terrible ftp status connections and lackluster errors.

-
There are 93415 users and 2 invisible on 2 servers
2 operator(s) online
2 channels formed
I have 93413 clients and 2 servers
-
Current Local Users: 93415 Max: 138143
Current Global Users: 93417 Max: 138147
-

linux bots ftw! i may not have almost 3 100k profiles anymore, but i have almost 1 bot per friend between the 4 accounts i have. lame i know, but it keeps me occupied at 4 in the morning. ;p

I agree that freehostia is a joke, but hey, ITS FREE! lawlz
matthew in$ane
matthew in$ane
EPIC MEMBER

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2008-05-27

http://projectmyspace.net

Back to top Go down

Post  JEREMY COUNTY Fri May 30, 2008 8:23 pm

apple bones wrote:
Kate Hatable wrote:i bought my own domain, gave brian the info and i've had katehatable.com for over a year now. brian ftw! i can't believe he hasn't asked for any money...

lmfao yea ok
JEREMY COUNTY
JEREMY COUNTY
EPIC MEMBER

Number of posts : 922
Registration date : 2008-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate Hatable Fri May 30, 2008 8:47 pm

WHAT?!?!?!?
Kate Hatable
Kate Hatable
Queen of the Juice

Back to top Go down

Post  apple bones Sat May 31, 2008 5:10 am

JEREMY COUNTY wrote:
apple bones wrote:

lmfao yea ok

honest thats what he told me
apple bones
apple bones
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GWBG-lyts.com Sat May 31, 2008 2:44 pm

ty, this is really helpful.
do any of you know anything about sonic? thats the one my dads trying to get me to use, but i dont totally trust him with well.. anything electronic.
GWBG-lyts.com
GWBG-lyts.com
EPIC MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  dp115x Sat May 31, 2008 7:00 pm

Lol i never heaard of sonic :/
dp115x
dp115x
Team Myspace Legend

Number of posts : 1742

Back to top Go down

Post  JEREMY COUNTY Sat May 31, 2008 7:34 pm

apple bones wrote:
JEREMY COUNTY wrote:
apple bones wrote:

lmfao yea ok

are we talking about brian.... w0wadds.com brian?

did he join as the cook or something? i mean hes cool as fuck but hes not in that type of shape from all the fat jokes he made about himself when i talked to him
JEREMY COUNTY
JEREMY COUNTY
EPIC MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  Rezo Sat May 31, 2008 8:22 pm

JEREMY COUNTY wrote:
apple bones wrote:
JEREMY COUNTY wrote:
apple bones wrote:

lmfao yea ok

did he join as the cook or something? i mean hes cool as fuck but hes not in that type of shape from all the fat jokes he made about himself when i talked to him
The marines will get your ass in shape, no matter how bad shape you're in when you join lol.
My cousin joined. He was 220+ pounds.. He got back after his tour & he's half the size... in better shape than I am.
Rezo
Rezo
EPIC MEMBER

Number of posts : 512

Back to top Go down

Post  dp115x Sat May 31, 2008 9:50 pm

JEREMY COUNTY wrote:
apple bones wrote:
JEREMY COUNTY wrote:
apple bones wrote:

lmfao yea ok

You have to be healthy to be in the marines not in shape you fucktard
dp115x
dp115x
Team Myspace Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  JEREMY COUNTY Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:16 am

dp115x wrote:
JEREMY COUNTY wrote:
apple bones wrote:
JEREMY COUNTY wrote:
apple bones wrote:

lmfao yea ok

You have to be healthy to be in the marines not in shape you fucktard

who the fuck are you calling a fucktard? you have to be in shape to join ass clown clown . there not going to let no 800 pound guy join. No
JEREMY COUNTY
JEREMY COUNTY
EPIC MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  Rezo Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:00 am

JEREMY COUNTY wrote:
who the fuck are you calling a fucktard? you have to be in shape to join ass clown clown . there not going to let no 800 pound guy join. No

being 800 pounds isn't healthy.
Rezo
Rezo
EPIC MEMBER

Number of posts : 512

Back to top Go down

Post  dp115x Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:23 am

Rezo wrote:
JEREMY COUNTY wrote:

being 800 pounds isn't healthy.
Thank you rezo. You can be 380 pounds and still be healthy jeremy.
dp115x
dp115x
Team Myspace Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  GWBG-lyts.com Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:43 am

SO ABOUT THE WEBSITE...

checked out godaddy further, and its looking pretty badass. i think thats what im going with. thanks again <3
now.. to fight/pour money into getting gwbg.com o.o
GWBG-lyts.com
GWBG-lyts.com
EPIC MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate Hatable Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:48 pm

good luck darlin'!
Kate Hatable
Kate Hatable
Queen of the Juice

Back to top Go down

Post  nick666 Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:26 am

i'll support anyone that really needs it. if you get it together & needs hits be sure to hit me up!
nick666
nick666
King of the Juice

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate Hatable Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:49 pm

ill give you hits with my bow to yo dome
Kate Hatable
Kate Hatable
Queen of the Juice

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next